In free economic zones there can be carried out the following types of activities:
1. Industrial manufacturing of export goods, except for ethyl alcohol and alcoholic products
2. Assortment, packaging, marking and other similar operations with goods transited through customs territory of the Republic of Moldova
3. Auxiliary types of activity, such as public, storage, construction, catering services, etc., necessary for carrying out of the aforementioned activities
4. External economic activity - wholesale of goods imported to the free zone from outside of the customs territory of the Republic of Moldova and delivered for export
5. Transport activity – transportation of imported or exported goods through the free zone by means of air or sea transport.
On the territory of free economic zones the following is prohibited:
• import of tobacco and tobacco products
• manufacturing of tobacco products
• manufacturing, transportation and storage of weapons
• other activities prohibited by the legislation of the RM.